Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Journal #13- American Dream

I think that in these days the American Dream is very different than it was way back in the day. Back in the 1950's the American Dream was very simple, and now I think it has become a little more complicated. I think it is more complicated now than it was back then because now people want all different kinds of things in life. Some people want wealth, some people want families, and some people do not really know what they want. Back in the old days, basically everyone wanted a family and what not, but now sometimes people do not even want to get married. I think that my vision of the American Dream is to have a job that I like, a family, and basically to just be happy. Most people probably have a more planned out dream, but I do not know all of the details of my dream yet. In addition to everyone having different dreams, everyone also has their own definition of what it means to be successful. Some people base success on how much money you have, how many friends you have, or how big your house is but I have my own definition of success. I think that you are successful in your life if you can look back at what you have done and be happy with it. I hope that at the end of my life I will be able to look back and be happy with what I have done with my life. Although I do not think money equals success, I think that it is necessary to be happy and to life a successful life. Money is a big deal in society today, so if you do not have money it would be really hard to do anything and therefore to be happy. I hope I can live the American Dream and have a good job, a lovely family, and overall a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment