Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Journal #14- Benjamin Franklin

I think if I could be an apprentice to Benjamin Franklin I would learn a lot about everything because Benjamin Franklin is really smart. By reading about him in class, I have learned about how knowledgeable he is and about how much time he dedicates to studying. I think that I would not only learn about everything, but that I would also develop new skills that he would teach me. I think that because Benjamin Franklin writes from more of a Rationalist view, I would learn a great deal about Rationalism. I think that if I were an apprentice to Benjamin Franklin I would become a better version of myself because of his thirteen virtues. With his thirteen virtues, he tried to perfect himself and I think that by being around someone who is perfecting themselves I to would begin to become a better version of myself. I also think that by being around him I would become much more intelligent and I would get a first hand look at why he wanted to perfect himself and why his thirteen virtues meant so much to him. If you think about it, they must have been pretty important to him considering how much time and effort he invested into them. I think I would become a better, more knowledgeable person if I had the opportunity to be an apprentice to Benjamin Franklin. I think that by being around him all the time I would become a knowledgeable person and that I would also become a better person because of his thirteen virtues. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to be around Benjamin Franklin and to be able to be educated by him and be a part of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment