Thursday, November 17, 2011

Journal #17- Bonding with Nature

I think that I bond the most with nature during the summer time. To me, bonding with nature means being outside and enjoying the weather. I am usually outside almost every day during the summer time because the weather is so nice and warm. In the summer time, I bond with nature in many ways by doing outdoor activities. I go swimming, biking, and sometimes I just go for a short walk at Washington Park. Also, I like going to Wisconsin with my family in the summer because we go and stay in a cabin in the woods and its really fun. I like nature most of the time, but sometimes it makes me so mad because of bugs and what not. I like to go fishing sometimes if that counts as bonding with nature, and I like to go boating and tubing also. In addition to fishing, when it rains a lot and my street floods I bond with not only nature but also the kids in my neighborhood because we do rebellious activities such as riding our bikes through the flood water and having worm fights. Oh and this one time I went hunting with my dad out in the deep woods, which was really boring. The most bonding I have ever done with nature would have to be when I went hiking at Starved Rock with my friend Helena. I saw some really cool trees and an awesome waterfall. I even jumped off the waterfall and swam in a little pool which ended up being really cool. I think that nature is pretty awesome at times and I think that it is really fun being out in nature. I do not interact with nature much in the winter because it is too cold for me outside but sometimes I play in the snow or go sledding.

No comments:

Post a Comment