Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Journal # 21- Snowy Scene

It was two days before Christmas the first time it snowed. I remember waking up and rushing to the window and seeing the white glow of the snow covering everything in sight. The wind was blowing snow all around my house and through the trees in my yard. After looking at the snow for awhile, I grabbed my coat and opened the front door. Just as I opened the door I felt a crisp, cool wind blow into my house. The excitement every child feels the first time it snows is indescribable. I remember running into my sisters room begging her to come play outside with me in the snow. Our mom always made us bundle up before we go play outside, so we each gathered up all of our coats, hats and gloves and we were soon ready to go. I remember the sound of the snow crunching under my boots and the feeling of the cool wind blowing on my face. My sister and I built igloos, made snowmen and even snow angels in the snow. The sun was shining down on the snow and I remember everything looked so sparkly and bright. Also, when we have snow days for school I always end up going sledding with my friends. We go sledding on a really big hill that was made for sledding. The feeling you get when you go down the hill is so awesome because it seems like you are going so fast. The sled scratches against the ice and as you pick up speed the snow begins to fly up around you and it is very exciting. Every time I am out in the snow for very long I always get a runny nose and cold cheeks, but that is just part of the season. Usually after I am done playing in the snow, I go home and drink some delicious hot chocolate and lay in my bed. Winter is a beautiful season, and snow is cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment