Thursday, January 5, 2012

Journal # 22- Sledding Poem

I love to go sledding in the white snow,
even though it is always really cold.
Speeding down the hill I put on quite a show,
But I fell off and down the hill I rolled.

Sledding reminds me of the Christmas season,
and it always brings me such a thrill.
I enjoy going sledding without a reason,
and I love the feeling I get as I race down the hill.

Every time I go outside to play with my sister,
we bundle up with a coat, gloves, and a warm fuzzy hat.
Once it was so windy it looked like a twister,
so we stayed inside and had a lovely chat.

During this season we decorate our Christmas tree,
and open lots of presents from my friend Kris Kringle.
On Christmas morning up the stairs I flee,
to hear the magical bells jingle.

The winter season brings some people joy,
and it is sometimes referred to as the season of giving.
I always love it when I get a cool toy,
and it is a time of great living.

Before you know it winter will be long over,
and the season will change to spring.
You can exchange the snow for a lucky four leaf clover,
and look back on winter and miss everything.

3 comments:

  1. Gabby I love your poem! I think you did an excellent job! I have no criticisms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an excellent poem. Very cute, and clever. I see nothing wrong with it except that some of the lines are not ten syllables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, good job Gabby! You did a great job sticking to your rhyming pattern.

    ReplyDelete