Friday, January 20, 2012

Journal #25- Fear

I am scared of a lot of things. I am scared of many things that are not real, and many things that are. One of my biggest fears is alligators and crocodiles. I do not really know why I am so scared of them since the only time I have ever been around one is at the zoo, but for some reason I am terrified of them. Another one of my biggest fears is spiders. I think having a fear of spiders is more normal than having a fear of crocodiles because unlike crocodiles, I actually come into contact with spiders occasionally. I have tried everything to spider proof my room but somehow they always seem to sneak in. One of the scariest encounters I have ever had with spiders is when I was in the shower one day and out of the corner of my eye I saw a little black dot descending from the ceiling. I am very lucky that I did not fall and injure myself because the second I saw it I had a mini heart attack and then I jumped out of the shower, nearly slipping and falling. Another time I had a close encounter with a spider was when I was home alone and I was sitting downstairs waiting for my ride to come. You see, the first problem with this is that I was home alone. Every time I am home alone something seems to happen that is super freaky. Anyways, I had to go upstairs to go to the bathroom and as I was at the very top of the stairs I noticed a huge black dot on the wall and I stopped and stared at. When I tell people this, they think I am crazy but I swear this spider and I stared into each others eyes and it was one of the scariest things ever. I was so spooked by this spider that I decided I did not want to go to the bathroom so I started back down the stairs. I decided that I should keep my eye on the spider just in case it moved so right as I got to the bottom of the stairs I walked directly under it and right as I was in its path, I saw it lunge off the wall and try to land on me! The spider tried to land on me but thankfully I am extremely fast and I was able to dart out of harms way. I knew from the moment I made eye contact with that spider that it was evil, and after what had just happened it was confirmed. I took a shoe and threw it at the spider a few times until I knew it was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment