Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Crucible- Act Two Reflection Blog

So in class on Thursday, we did this test online that is supposed to show us our true color. We answered several questions according to how we would react in certain situations, and at the end it presented you with either blue, orange, gold, or green as your true color. My color was blue, which is described as being a very emotional type of person. My second color was gold, which is described as being very organized person. Coming in third was orange, and lastly came green. The orange personality is described as being a little bit crazy, but also being very effective workers. Greens are the people who show very little emotion and are often thought of as the "thinkers" (True Colors). I definitely agree that I am not green, but I think that at times I am a pretty good mixture of the other three colors. I think that I can be a little bit of all of these colors sometimes because I think the way I would react on certain things all depends on other things. In the book The Crucible, I think the author reveals the true colors of some of the characters by the way they act and react to other characters and certain situations. For example, I think that Mary Warrens and Abigail are both blues. I think they are blues because according to this quiz, blues keep mostly to themselves. Both Mary and Abigail seem to be pretty quiet, but at certain points they both become super emotional and passionate (True Colors). For example, when Mary Warrens is forbid not to go to the court anymore by Mr. Proctor, she becomes very passionate in telling him that he can not order her around anymore "I'll not be ordered to bed no more, Mr. Proctor! I am eighteen and a woman, however single!" (Miller 60). In this passage you can tell that she is tired of being ordered around by Mr. Proctor and she is very passionate about getting her way. Also, based on the two acts I have read from this book, I think it is safe to say that Mr. Proctor is also a blue. I have one reason as to why I think he is a blue, and that is because of his mood swings. According to this true colors quiz, blues tend to have mood swings (True Colors). Mr. Proctor has quite a few mood swings as he goes from fine to angry to resentful all in one act (Miller). Now that Mr. Proctors wife Elizabeth is taken away, I wonder how this will affect his character. Since blues are already very emotional, I am excited to see how the absence of his wife will affect him. Speaking of Elizabeth, I honestly do not know what to think of her. I would not say she is a blue, because even when she is being accused she does not show emotions. I think that as we get farther into this book we will see a little bit more of Elizabeth, but as for right now I am not sure what color I would give her. I think that as we read more of this book, we will learn the true colors of more of the characters from this book.


Bibliography

Miller, Arthur. The Crucible. New York, NY: Penguin, 1996. Print.

"True Colors." True Colors International. Baytech Web Design. Web. 18 Oct. 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment