Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Journal #4- Traveling

I have traveled to many places throughout my life, and I have gone with many different people. One of the most memorable trips I have been on was when I went to Florida with my church. Because I was going with my church, I also traveled with many other students and adults. We rode in a huge bus and I sat with my friend Rachel. I think that this trip was different than any other trip I have been on because before then I had really only traveled with my family. I thought that it was really cool that I could go on vacation with all of my friends and not have my parents around. This trip was really cool because it made me feel really independent. For example, I had to pay for my own food, and I did the things I wanted to do instead of what my parents wanted to do. This trip lasted a whole week, and by the time it was over I was ready to be home. Although I had a really good time, I was ready for my parents to start paying for everything again. I liked this trip because I was able to spend a lot of time with my friends and because it made me feel very independent. Another time I went to Florida with my friend Helena and her family. This trip was completely different than the time I went with my church. I was traveling with Helena, her brother, his friend, and her parents. On this trip we went to the beach and to Universal Studios, but I did not like being away from my family. This trip made me miss my family because unlike my church trip, I was not independent at all. I had to do what her parents said to do and I did not like it. I think that traveling is really fun, but most of the time I would like to travel with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment