Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Journal #9- Rational Approach

Being a girl, I am around emotional people about 90% of the time. I am used to the emotional emotions of girls because I am around it so much, and also because believe it or not I am a girl. I know that if something goes wrong for me, I tend to have a bad habit to freak out and probably be slightly annoying with my emotions. Although girls always seem to be more emotional than boys, I also think that boys at times can be pretty emotional. For example, I have this cousin of mine that is usually a good student and generally does well in school. He is one of those kids that the I am so jealous of that can barely study for a hard test and still get an A. This year he is a freshman at the awesome Pleasant Plains High School, and he decided to take Spanish 1. I have been taking Spanish for 3 years now, so basically you can say I am a professional. Anyways, he is used to getting good grades in class without doing much studying and when he started taking Spanish he was blown away. He was kind of freaking out because he has been able to do good in classes his whole life without much effort, and then Spanish comes along and kind of caught him off guard. He was emotional because he was for the first time in his whole life, struggling to get a good grade. I solved this little problem of his by being rational and awesome. I tutored him and tried to help him better understand how to do his homework and now he is doing better in that class. I think I am pretty amazing for being able to help out my little baby cousin with his Spanish and I solved his emotional problem with my super cool rational thinking skills. This is a great story about a girl and her cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment