Monday, September 26, 2011

Journal #10- Persuade

I think that Mr. Langley should postpone the due date of our vocabulary assignment for many reasons. First off, I think that if the vocabulary assignment was postponed it would be better for everyone. It would be better for us as students because we would have more time to complete this assignment and the more time we have to complete it, the better quality the assignment will be. If all the students have enough time to do their homework I think it will make their grades better and if all of the students have good grades then it will make Mr. Langley look like a really good teacher. I think it is a win win situation if the assignment is postponed because it will make everyone happy. Also, as a junior in high school I know that almost all students are already very stressed out because of the amount of homework we receive on a nightly basis and if this assignment would be postponed it might lighten the load of homework on students. I know that for me, my homework for tonight is already going to take up at least an hour of my time and I am sure that Mr. Langley does not want to spend his night grading my homework, so we should just postpone it and make everyone's life a little bit easier. I have a quote I like to live by, and it goes "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow" and I think we should honor the way I live and postpone this vocabulary assignment. Finally, my last reason for why this vocabulary assignment should be postponed is that some students do not have the resources that are necessary for this assignment. Internet access is necessary for almost all of our assignments, and if a student does not have internet at home all of these assignments would be almost impossible. I really hope this assignment is postponed!

No comments:

Post a Comment