Monday, September 12, 2011

Journal #6- Blaming

It seems like people always have someone or something else to blame when something goes wrong. I know that I always have some sort of an excuse or someone else to blame when I am in the spotlight for being wrong. For example, back when I was in sixth grade I had a research paper to turn in to Mrs. Risdon in class the next day. I finally had it all written, typed, and printed, ready to turn in the next day in class. But unfortunately I ended up forgetting my completed paper at home on the table, and both my parents were at work and could not bring it to me. Mrs. Risdon had been very clear that she was not going to accept late grades, so when class rolled around and I had no paper to turn in, I freaked out. I told Mrs. Ridson that my printer was broken and that my dad was going to fix it tonight and I would bring it in tomorrow. Unknown to me before then, she asked for my dad's cell phone number and told me that she was going to call him to verify that our printer was actually broken. I was freaking out because I lied to her and now I was going to get in trouble with my parents, and my teacher, all because I put the blame on something else. There are many consequences that can come with blaming someone for something they did not do, and some are less severe than others. For example, if I spilled milk all over the floor and then blamed it on my sister, she would have to clean it up instead of me having to do it. But in more extreme cases, like in The Crucible, Elizabeth is being blamed for murder and because of that she might be hung. I try not to blame others for my mistakes and I hope that people will not blame me for theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment