Thursday, September 1, 2011

Journal #3- Hostage

I f I were ever taken hostage, I would probably escape pretty swiftly. Even though being kidnapped and held hostage is on of my biggest fears, I like to think that I would easily be able to outsmart my kidnappers. I would rethink about what the characters do in the action movies to escape, and then decide on which is my best bet. If I was in a forest locked up in a cabin, obviously I would gander at my surroundings until I could plan an escape rout. Once an escape rout is established, I will decide how and when is my best time to break a window and leap out of the cabin. I will then use my cell phone to call for a rescue helicopter and I would give them my exact coordinates just so that when I escape into the wilderness I will not have to be alone for very long. I assume my kidnappers probably would not feed me very much, so the first thing I would do when I escape is hunt for some food. I would stumble upon a fruit tree and indulge in delicious apples. I would sit and wait at this apple tree until the rescue helicopter came, but just as I think I am safe, I hear my assailants storming through the forest! Unfortunately, I did not think this part of the plan through and I had to make a split second decision. I could either run away from them and the apple tree, missing my opportunity for rescue or I could stay and risk getting caught. I decided I had to run away from them. I sprinted as fast as my legs could go until I could not hear them anymore. In the process of ditching them, I also managed to get myself completely lost. Luckily I found a stream and I followed it until I reached civilization. This is probably how I would react to being held hostage.

No comments:

Post a Comment