Thursday, September 15, 2011

Journal #7- Bullying

I think that bullying is a serious problem in both middle schools and high schools everywhere. I have been on both ends of bullying before, and I can honestly say that neither of them is very fun. Being bullied is obviously not fun, but neither is being the bully. When ever I do something to someone to hurt their feelings, I feel really bad about it and sometimes I even get to the point where I can not go to sleep without calling and apologizing to them. I think that everyone is made fun of or laughed at during some point in their life, and sometimes I think people can be a little bit too sensitive about certain things. For example, if someone makes a joke or says something sometimes certain people take it way too seriously and its really annoying. Although I think they take things too seriously, I also think that if you know someone is going to be upset if you say that then you should just keep the comment to yourself. Bullying can cause serious damage to a persons life and can also affect the way they look at themselves. I think that bullies also have a difficult time because there is no way you can be so mean to someone and not feel remorseful about it. I used to be really mean back in middle school and I know that after the fact I would always at least feel a little bit bad about it. Luckily, in high school I developed a soul and I started being nice to people. Sometimes I like bully Abby Ulrich because it is really fun. In seventh grade I nick named her "Smellrich" and it has stuck like glue! I think that me and Abby are really good friends because we both like to bully each other. Its similar to a hate-hate relationship. But it is okay when we bully each other because we both know we are just joking and that is why she is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment